Freightgate Message Boards Freightgate Message Boards
Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: Hiring 3pl companies worth it?
toggle
Hi! I would like to know what you guys think about hiring 3PL companies for long distance logistics. Is it worth taking the risk of safety of the goods? Or is it better to deal with logistics directly. I can see a lot of articles on the web supporting 3PL companies. This one for an example: http://www.3pllinks.com/benefits-third-party-logistics-companies/ . And I think they should be good. Is there any major factor that makes people don't prefer utilizing 3PL companies?
Flag Flag
safety trucking supply chain risk risk management 3pl high-value
5/5/17 3:51 PM as a reply to Tamar Copes.
Tamar Copes:
Hi! I would like to know what you guys think about hiring 3PL companies for long distance logistics. Is it worth taking the risk of safety of the goods? Or is it better to deal with logistics directly. I can see a lot of articles on the web supporting 3PL companies. This one for an example: http://www.3pllinks.com/benefits-third-party-logistics-companies/ . And I think they should be good. Is there any major factor that makes people don't prefer utilizing 3PL companies?

Hello Tamar,

I would urge you to keep a cautiously open mind about 3PL's. There are (unfortunately) a lot of fly-by-night outfits out there that give the industry a bad name. However, a top tier provider can work wonders for your supply chain and executes with all of the reliability, safety, accountability, and timeliness of an asset carrier, sans the capacity restraints.

I work in Schneider Nationals STM (3PL) division and our carriers go through THE most stringent vetting process in the industry bar none. They must pass on a 170 different checkpoints and everything from safety records to customer references are checked to verify the quality of their service to our customers and as a result we have one of the best records in regards to safety, low damage/claim rates, and on-time deliveries in the entire world.

We are routinely entrusted with high value and sensitive freight by customers such as Dell, Microsoft, and Vizio as a result. I am personally in talks with a prosepective client as we speak to move their loads of ultra high-end sensory equipment throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico whose values often soar to as much as $4 million per load.

If you care to discuss the benefits and potential things to be wary of, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Flag Flag
10/11/17 3:21 AM as a reply to Tamar Copes.
3PL companies provide you tailor made solution for your logistics process. These are used to bring efficiency in your supply chain.
Flag Flag
10/23/17 9:36 PM as a reply to Charu Sharma.
Agree with charu.3pls also provides cost effective solution.
Flag Flag

LOGISTICS COMMUNITY FORUM

Logistics Community Forum for the discussion of freight, logistics, and Supply Chain topics covering: Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transport, Security Compliance, Software and Global Logistics News with members participating from all over the World. We encourage the exchange of information and ideas, and provide message boards for people involved with freight, logistics and supply management including shippers, importers, exporters, logistics providers, carriers, and supply chain managers to discussion your insights and opinions.

Logistics Community Forum is exclusively for professionals in involved with freight, logistics and supply management including shippers, importers, exporters, logistics providers, carriers, and supply chain management.
Create your personalized profile and start networking with global logistics professionals.

Logistics Announcements - Logistics Articles - Supply Chain Articles - Press Releases - News
Email your logistics announcements, logistics articles and logistics press releases to: Logistics Blog info@logisticsportal.net  or call us at:  1+ (657) 215-1833

SELECT SECTION:  Logistics Announcements  Logistics Articles  Supply Chain Articles  Press Releases  Freight & Logistics News

JOIN THE LOGISTICS PORTAL FORUM - It's absolutely FREE!

Create Your Profile with World's Largest Logistics Network - CLICK HERE

New: Get Schedules for more than 30 Ocean Carriers! Visit the schedules page