Freightgate Message Boards Freightgate Message Boards
Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Need Custom Broker Price Quote & Question
Hello,

I am planning to bring two containers from China and before I set the plan in motion I need to work with a custom broker and get few tips. I appreciate if someone can answer my questions or guide me to the right direction:

1) How do custom brokers charge for their services? To be specific, I am planning to bring 1) industrial machinery 2) raw material and chemicals and 3) spray trigger top for plastic bottles. Probably they will be total of 2 containers, one 20 ft and one 40 ft. With regards to your services, how much would custom broker charge? I

2) With regards to raw material and chemicals, I need someone that has experience with PET granules (polyethylene terephthalate - the raw material for making plastic bottles. I like to know if they are subject to antidumping laws and banned from importing or they can be imported. If they can be imported, how much is the tariff and custom for releasing PET granules?

3) Is there a broker that specializes in raw material and chemical? Or anyone can handle it?

4) Where can I look up the tariff tax and duty for each item that I intend to import?

Any tip that you can give me will be a great help. Kindly please email me at david@5stargm.com. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
David
Flag Flag

LOGISTICS COMMUNITY FORUM

Logistics Community Forum for the discussion of freight, logistics, and Supply Chain topics covering: Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transport, Security Compliance, Software and Global Logistics News with members participating from all over the World. We encourage the exchange of information and ideas, and provide message boards for people involved with freight, logistics and supply management including shippers, importers, exporters, logistics providers, carriers, and supply chain managers to discussion your insights and opinions.

Logistics Community Forum is exclusively for professionals in involved with freight, logistics and supply management including shippers, importers, exporters, logistics providers, carriers, and supply chain management.
Create your personalized profile and start networking with global logistics professionals.

Logistics Announcements - Logistics Articles - Supply Chain Articles - Press Releases - News
Email your logistics announcements, logistics articles and logistics press releases to: Logistics Blog info@logisticsportal.net  or call us at:  1+ (657) 215-1833

SELECT SECTION:  Logistics Announcements  Logistics Articles  Supply Chain Articles  Press Releases  Freight & Logistics News

JOIN THE LOGISTICS PORTAL FORUM - It's absolutely FREE!

Create Your Profile with World's Largest Logistics Network - CLICK HERE